Travelogue - Dubai Desert Safari

Since beginning of my Dubai trip I acquired to know about Dubai desert safari. Many individuals around advised to select this on weekend. My first a couple of weeks (& obviously weekends) went in settling down, digging down project details (naturally that was initially priority!!) and getting used to schedule. And so first two weekends I spent in Hotel room settling down and solidifying the project scope, boundaries & documentation stuff.

First week of December '07, everything about project was clear and I was ready to go out n N'joy. I decided to seize the very first opportunity; this weekend was 3 days long. I rested on first day. Second day morning I ringed up travel agent office and booked the safari seat. I was waiting eagerly till afternoon since safari was scheduled to begin at 4 pm. Driver ringed up around 2.45 in noon, much sooner than scheduled time of 3.30 pm. Driver, Amin Mohammed; a typical Arabian guy, 6 feet tall, wearing traditional Arabic gown was waiting downstairs with his big plushy Landcruiser for me. Looking at the Car itself I guessed my trip would definitely be one of the best travelling experiences I ever had.

We started our journey after finishing up "introduction ceremony" with each other. Meanwhile 4 more folks joined us for tour. Being first to be picked up I'd grabbed the front seat in landcruiser which later proved to be the best devote Safari. With front seat you get the clear big view of desert in front of you and the best chance to shoot video and good pictures of other cars in "cafila" as well. Also you get a chance to communicate with driver easily to understand more wherever required.